Get Future Posts Direct to Your Inbox!
Receive our budget planner when you sign up.
Receive your personal organizer!
The first step in the Plan Single process is to know what you have and where it is. Consolidate everything you need in one place.
- The good—but not well-known—news is that women tend to be better at saving and investing than men are. These findings came to light in a Fidelity Investments study of eight million retirement accounts in the U.S.Read More »
- A recent UBS survey found that 58% of the wealthy women around the world that they surveyed defer to the men in their lives on important financial decisions. Unfortunately 74% of divorced and widowed women they surveyed reported “discovering negative financial surprises after a divorce or death of their spouse.” In many partnered relationships or marriages, it’s common for one person to act as the …Read More »
- In most long-term relationships, the partners divvy up the various responsibilities that go along with managing a household. Often, one person takes the lead on food shopping and cooking, while the other may manage the lion’s share of home maintenance and landscaping projects. But when it comes to managing investments, it’s more common for men to take the lead and for women to be left …Read More »
- When it comes to managing your investments, confidence can provide the power you need to overcome negative emotions that can hold you back from achieving your goals. Unfortunately, many women experience an “investing confidence gap” when compared to men. According to a study commissioned by Merrill Lynch, women tend to be highly confident about their ability to manage day-to-day financial tasks, such as paying bills …Read More »
- That phrase ‘till death do us part’ slips under the radar when we take our marriage vows. We’re too busy looking lovingly at each other to wonder if ‘happily ever after’ will be as long we hoped. Yet life, even for the young and seemingly invincible, can have other plans. Losing a spouse is sadder, harder and lonelier than we could ever imagine. In fact, …Read More »
- Mary and Dave Swan were happily married and looking forward to retirement. They had saved diligently and when Dave was offered a package to retire early, they were in great shape to be able to accept. Dave left his company, and he and Mary started enjoying their new life, being more active, spending time with friends and family, and planning an extended trip to experience …Read More »
- 90% of women end up responsible for their own finances later on in life. Whether married or on their own, part of every woman’s financial plan needs a scenario where she plans single. Now, before we go too far, let me be clear. This is not about planning apart. Rather, this is about planning for each other. It’s about caring for your partner’s long term …Read More »